Home > Local > FIRE REPORTED AT NEWLY REOPENED COOKEVILLE RESTAURANT CLOSED FOR A YEAR DUE TO FIRE

FIRE REPORTED AT NEWLY REOPENED COOKEVILLE RESTAURANT CLOSED FOR A YEAR DUE TO FIRE

///
Comments are Off

Cookeville Fire Department responded to a fire at Crawdaddy’s Wednesday morning just one day after its grand reopening.    Also, the fire call came in just days after the one-year anniversary that Crawdaddys was virtually destroyed by fire closing it down in December of 2020.

Chief Benton Young said that the call came in around 9:30 a.m. He said that the fire posed minimum damage and that there were no injuries.

“It took a little while to figure out where the fire was actually at,” Young said. “It was actually in a wall behind their cooking area where their vent system is. They had a grill there that conducted heat through that wall and had a piece of 2 by 10, a piece of wood that caught on fire and burned. We cut a hole in the wall and removed the wood and put the fire out.”

 


%d bloggers like this: