Cumberland County Schools COVID-19 data as of Friday, August 20, 2021:
161 positive cases reported for students
21 positive cases reported for staff
317 quarantine reported for students
3 quarantine reported for staff
From Director of Schools, Dr. Ina Maxwell:
We have completed our third week of school. I wanted to provide you with information regarding our current status regarding COVID 19. Below is a list of procedures/protocols that were initiated during the previous school year and continue this school year:
• Reinforce proper hygiene measures which include handwashing, covering coughs/sneezes, and social distancing when possible.
• Post signage in the schools to communicate how to stop the spread of the virus.
• Masks are available in multiple locations throughout the buildings and available to all students and staff.
• Clean/disinfect frequently touched surfaces and shared objects.
• Take steps to ensure all water fountains and water bottle filling stations are cleaned multiple times per day.
• Provide hand sanitizer for students and staff and locate hand sanitizer stations throughout the buildings.
• Limit unnecessary gathering of students and staff.
• Conducting cleaning of hallways and high-touch surface areas multiple times per day.
• To help mitigate the spread of the virus, phone calls will be made by our Nurse Supervisor to advise if a student has been identified as being close to a reported positive case. The nurse supervisor will advise to contact your health care provider or the health
department for additional information.
• If a student has tested positive and/or advised to quarantine from a health care provider or
the health department, please contact the student’s school to arrange a time to pick-up the
• For additional information, visit the following websites:
o Tennessee Department of Health https://www.tn.gov/health.html
o Information from the TN Department of Health About the Ongoing Novel
Coronavirus Outbreak https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html
• In addition, meals (breakfast and lunch) are provided free of charge for students during
the 2021-2022 school year.