Crossville firefighters responded just before 3 p.m. this afternoon to an apartment blaze on Rose Street in the Crossville Housing Authority. Deputy Fire Chief Chris South told 105.7 News two neighbors saw the blaze and pulled an elderly handicapped male outside. Fire crews arrived to see flames and smoke coming from the dwelling. The injured man, 68-year-old Rudy Marconi, was taken by ambulance to the helipad at Cumberland Medical Center to be flown to Vanderbilt Burn Center in Nashville for treatment of critical injuries. South said the probable cause of the blaze was a cigarette that made contact with a chair as well as the man’s clothing. A full report will be released at a later time by the Crossville Fire Department.