After Walmart gave two different reports yesterday of what would be available as far as essential and non-essential items for sale to customers with new changes, 105.7 News visited the Crossville Walmart this morning (Saturday, April 4, 2020) to see the new changes. Here is what was observed:
- No departments of the Crossville store roped off. All products are available for sale. The only department down in the Crossville store is the auto service department (oil changes, tire repair, etc.) and that was closed a couple of weeks ago to divert employees to help stock. The essential items only pertains to some stores of Walmart, not all of them.
- The Crossville store, under the 20 percent maximum capacity, is 1,007 customers. This was verified by a member of management this morning. Only one entrance is available and that is on the grocery side. Customers will enter and exit the store there. An employee is inside the entrance keeping track of the number of customers. If the number reaches 1,007, customers will then wait in line practicing social distancing and be let in under a “one out, one in” basis to keep the number at or below 1,007.
- If you plan to go to Walmart for items, plan on extended times for checking out and the self-checkouts and the cashier manned registers will be heavy at times.
- Stocking crews are hard at work trying to re-stock items running low or out.
- Law enforcement is expected to have a presence there later this morning and possibly into the evening.