DEVELOPING STORY – Three people were found dead in a house on Belvin Road off of Chestnut Hill Road in Cumberland County late last night. Initial reports indicate all three passed away from carbon monoxide poisoning from using a propane heater in the home without proper ventilation. Sources confirm the victims are Ernest Meadows in his 70’s Mitzi Patton, in her 50’s and her brother, Jeff Patton
Cumberland County Sheriff Casey Cox told 105.7 News minutes ago at approximately 11:05 p.m. last night deputies and EMS responded to 11 Belvin Road after E-911 received an emergency call. A neighbor went to the hone and discovered two deceased victims inside the residence. When deputies arrived they also made entry into the home and discovered another victim deceased in another nearby room. The three victims appear to have been deceased for several days before being discovered. Preliminarily the cause of death of each victim appears to be as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning from an unventilated propane heater. All three victims appear to be have been sleeping when they passed away.
There are no signs of foul play.
The victims are being sent to the State of Tennessee Medical Examiners Office for autopsy to confirm the cause of death.
This case is still under investigation.