The new splash pad in Crossville is getting close to opening. 1057 News spoke with City of Crossville Leisure Services Director Ethan Medley this morning who said a soft opening date is coming up soon with a grand opening to follow. As of this morning, no definitive date for the soft opening or the grand opening has been set by city officials. All this week, crews are working to prepare the splash pad for opening by running tests on the equipment.
The total cost of the project is $1,024,000, with state funding and grants covering $540,000.
The splash pad is located at the corner of 4th Street and Miller Bypass in Garrison Park.
Citizens will not only see the splash pad when they go to the park but a beautiful playground area. The two are separated by a building that has two sets of restrooms/changing areas. There is a small shower tower on the left as you approach the splash pad.
As the opening is approaching, there are rules of the park that citizens need to be aware of. They are as follows:
CROSSVILLE SPLASH PAD RULES
- All using the splash pad do so at their own risks; no lifeguards
- Children under the age of 12 must have adult supervision AT ALL TIMES
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear approved swim diapers, and be changed if needed
- Please take children on frequent bathroom breaks (every 30 to 60 minutes is recommended)
- Proper swimwear is required, cutoffs are not allowed.
- Pets are NOT allowed, only service animals will be permitted.
- All persons must shower before entering splash at the shower pole next to the pad
- The following activities and items are PROHIBITED in the splash pad area:
- Climbing on splash pad features
- Drinking splash pad water and spitting or spouting from the mouth
- Running, rough play or profanity
- Inflatable pool toys and athletic equipment
- Any food, drink, candy or gum
- Soap, detergent or shampoo
- Amplified music
- Bikes, skateboard, scooters, roller skates or other similar devices
- Lawn or beach chairs
- The splash pad will be vacated at the first sign of thunder or lightning
- Persons will illness or open wounds should not use the splash pad
- Please observe days and hours of operation as posted. It is Monday – Saturday from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. until 6 p.m. central time. Anyone in the park during nighttime hours when it is dark is trespassing.
- The City of Crossville reserves the right to close the splash pad at any time including for safety, weather, maintenance or other operational concerns.
- Any groups wishing to use the splash pad must schedule in advance by calling the recreation department at (931) 456-6632.
- The splash pad and play area is a tobacco free area. This includes no smoking, dipping or vaping.
- No alcohol or drugs are allowed on city property, including the splash pad park
- The park staff reserves the right to search any coolers brought into the park.
- Please property dispose of trash
- Open fires are prohibited. Propane grills can be used but must be monitored at all times.
- Shelter tables cannot be reserved or held for extended periods.
- Pop-up canopies can be put up on grassy areas only. Popups cannot be staked and must be removed daily.
- No overnight use.
- Profanity, unruly behavior and fighting will not be tolerated. Anyone not conducting themselves in a courteous, safe and family-oriented manner will be evicted from the premisis.