Home > Regional > MAN INFECTED BY FLESH-EATING BACTERIA IN TENNESSEE RIVER

MAN INFECTED BY FLESH-EATING BACTERIA IN TENNESSEE RIVER

///
Comments are Off

An Alabama man was infected with flesh-eating bacteria while kayaking down the Tennessee River. Ricky Rutherford was exposed to flesh-eating bacteria earlier this week. The bacteria caused redness of the skin and caused large swellings. He had a temperature of 103 degrees. Doctors removed a 5-6 inch piece of his thigh. Officials say the flesh-eating bacteria Rutherford was exposed to is rare in bodies of water.

You may also like
3M ADMITS TO RELEASING TOXIC CHEMICALS INTO THE TENNESSEE RIVER FOR OVER A DECADE
SMALL PLANE CRASHES IN TO TENNESSEE RIVER NEAR SODDY-DAISY
ONE DEAD, TWO HOSPITALIZED AFTER BOAT CAPSIZES NEAR FORT LOUDOUN DAM
%d bloggers like this: