The Clinton Police Department reports Michael Bavousett, a Clinton Utilities Board lineman, is lucky to be alive after an on-the-job incident late Tuesday morning.
An emergency call came in shortly before noon, when Bavousett, working in a bucket truck was electrocuted. He was taken to U.T. Medical Center for treatment.
Bavousett’s daughter, Micha Bavousett, posted a statement on Facebook, saying, “some of his body was burned from the electricity. It went through his stomach and out of his shoulder.”
She went on to say her father was alert and would be fine. She thanked people for their prayers. “It’s a miracle the electricity missed his heart,” she said. “I’m sure the recovery won’t be too easy so please still keep praying for him!! Thank you all!”