In keeping with the department’s mission statement and its core values, the City of Crossville Police Department announces the 2019 session of the Citizens’ Police Academy will begin Saturday, May 11.
In this free 20-hour training, law-enforcement officers with the City of Crossville Police Department will present a window into the world of law enforcement and community relations within the City of Crossville. Topics covered will include:
- History of the Crossville Police Department, Rank Structure, Chain of Command and Departmental Hiring, Training and P.O.S.T. Requirements
- Defensive Driving and K-9 Operations / Demonstration
- Crime Prevention, Personal / Home Protection, Crime Scene Investigation and the Crimestoppers Program
- Active Shooter, Senior Fit/Yellow Dot program, Tennessee Highway Safety Office
- Firearms, Firearms Simulator Training
This is an opportunity for citizens to learn about how and why our police officers handle the situations and matters that affect our daily lives.
Classes will run from 8 a.m. to 12 noon on Saturdays, from May 11 through June 8.
To sign up, call (931) 484-7231 and ask for Kristi Cook.