Crossville, TN – In keeping with our agency’s Mission Statement and our Core Values, the City of Crossville Police Department announces that the 2019 session of the Citizen’s Police Academy will begin on Saturday, May 11th, 2019.
In this free 20 hour Citizen’s Police Academy, law enforcement officers with the City of Crossville Police Department will present a window into the world of law enforcement and community relations within the City of Crossville. Topics covered will include:
- History of the Crossville Police Department, Rank Structure, Chain of Command and Departmental Hiring, Training and P.O.S.T. Requirements
- Defensive Driving and K-9 Operations / Demonstration
- Crime Prevention, Personal / Home Protection, Crime Scene Investigation and the Crimestoppers Program
- Active Shooter, Senior Fit/Yellow Dot program, Tennessee Highway Safety Office
- Crime Reporting, City Court Operations and Tactical Response Unit (SWAT)
- Firearms, Firearms Simulator Training
This is an opportunity for citizens to learn about how and why our Police Officers handle the situations and matters that affect our daily lives.
The classes will be held on Saturdays from 8 am to noon starting on May 11th through June 8th, 2019. To sign up, simply call 931-484-7231 and ask to speak with Kristi Cook.