The Kingston City Council work session is scheduled for this evening, March 5, at 6 p.m. at City Hall. Agenda items include discussion of amphitheater bids, an update on the search for a new Parks and Recreation director, storm-damage update, discussion of infrastructure expansion on Gallaher Road and discussion of the Planning Commission’s recommended plan of service for annexation of 457 High Point Orchard Road.
City Manager David Boling also stated in a recent email he had reviewed all 49 applicants for the Parks and Recreation director position and has narrowed the list down to five A-list finalists:
- J.R. Best, Maintenance Supervisor for Kingston Parks and Recreation
- Chase Clem, Parks and Recreation Director for the City of Rockwood
- Zackary Cusick, Program Coordinator for Lenoir City Parks and Recreation
- Laura Mount, Recreation Assistant for Oak Ridge Parks and Recreation
- Steve Stone, Manager of Athletics for Oak Ridge Parks and Recreation
All five candidates have been interviewed, along with five secondary candidates. The goal is to narrow the list to two or three, unless one applicant really stands out favorably.