Motorists in Crossville will notice changes to 15 traffic lights in the overnight hours starting November 4, 2018. The plan calls for the 15 traffic lights to go to “soft flash intersections” flashing red and yellow lights during the hours of midnight and 5 a.m. only. After 5 a.m. the lights affected will return to normal operations.
In general, a flashing yellow traffic light at an intersection means “proceed with caution.” Traffic facing the yellow light has the right-of-way. A flashing red light means a driver must stop before proceeding if it is clear.
The plan was suggested to save a motorist travel time.
The 15 traffic lights in the City of Crossville that will be included in this include:
- Highway 127 South @ Elmo Drive
- Highway 127 South @ First Street
- Highway 127 North @ Fourth Street
- Highway 127 North @ Woodmere Mall/Subway
- Highway 127 North @ Lowes
- Highway 127 North @ Walmart
- 10th Street @ Miller Bypass
- Livingston Road @ Miller Avenue
- Livingston Road @ Elmore Road
- West Avenue @ Stanley Street
- Tennessee Avenue @ Highway 70/Sparta Highway
- Northside Drive @ Highway 70 North
- Webb Avenue @ East First Street
- Webb Avenue @ Genesis Road
- Dunbar Road @ Lantana Road