Cumberland County volunteers will assist all high school seniors’ families with preparing and submitting the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the dates and times listed below. The process will take 40 minutes from start to finish. This process is also for adults who wish to go to college with the TB Reconnect Program that will pay for tuition for up to two years. The location and times for the assistance is as follows:
ART CIRCLE PUBLIC LIBRARY IN CROSSVILLE
Saturday, October 6, 2018 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Monday, October 8, 2018 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
CHRISTIAN ACADEMY OF THE CUMBERLANDS
Tuesday, October 9, 2018 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Saturday, October 13, 2018 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
AMERICAN JOB CENTER – CROSSVILLE
Thursday, October 11, 2018 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Friday, October 12, 2018 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
TENNESSEE COLLEGE OF APPLIED TECHNOLOGY – CROSSVILLE
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Saturday, October 20, 2018 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
To complete the application for federal student aid, you will need to bring the following:
- social security card
- If you’re not a U.S. citizen, bring the alien registration number
- 2017 federal income tax return, W-2’s and other records of money earned
- bank statements and records of investments (If applicable)
- records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically
- If you are a dependent student, you will need most of this information from your parents or guardians
Parents and students should each have a financial student aid login and password (FSA ID) established BEFORE attending one of the sessions. To establish a FSA ID online in 10 minutes, to to https://fsaid.ed.gov/
For more information, contact Eugene Turpin at email@example.com