Investigators say an Ooltewah home was seriously damaged in a fire started by a child playing with matches Friday afternoon. Hamilton County EMS spokesperson Amy Maxwell says the call came in around 2:30 p.m. for a home on the 4000 block of East Freedom Circle The Tri-Community Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene. Firefighters found heavy smoke on the second floor, with a fire coming from a bedroom. A mother in the home told investigators she heard the smoke alarm going off, and found the bedroom closet on fire. Investigators have ruled the fire accidental. The fire caused an estimated $40,000 in damages. No injuries were reported.