Firefighters from Englewood and Etowah Rural Fire Departments in McMinn County rescued an 83 year-old man from a house fire today on County Road 532 outside Etowah. Officials say a portable heater caused the fire in the living room. The man and his wife were asleep when the wife awoke to the smell of smoke. She then yelled to her 27 year-old grandson, who was asleep in their basement, for help. After calling 911, the grandson removed his grandmother from the home, but the increasing heat and smoke prevented him from moving his grandfather. Fire and rescue teams arrived soon afterward. They pulled the grandfather to safety and quickly extinguished the fire. The grandmother and grandfather were transported to Vanderbilt Medical Center for treatment of burns and smoke inhalation. The grandson sustained no injuries.