Home > National News > DICK’S SPORTING GOODS TO DROP SALES OF ASSAULT-STYLE WEAPONS

DICK’S SPORTING GOODS TO DROP SALES OF ASSAULT-STYLE WEAPONS

///
Comments are Off

Edward Stack, the CEO of the sporting goods store Dick’s Sporting Goods, appeared on Good Morning America on Wednesday and announced the chain will no longer sell assault-style weapons. The company had already removed the weapons from all Dick’s stores after the Sandy Hook shooting in 2012, but announced they would remove them from sales at their 35 Field & Stream stores.

“We’re staunch supporters of the 2nd amendment, I’m a gun owner myself… we don’t want to be a part of this story & we have eliminated these guns permanently,” said Stack, the son of founder Dick Stack.

The company will also raise the minimum age to purchase any gun to 21. In addition, they will no longer sell high-capacity magazines. Dick’s said Wednesday that they sold a shotgun to the Parkland shooter in November 2017.

“It was not the gun, nor the type of gun, he used in the shooting,” said the company. “But it could have been.”

In a statement, the company urged elected officials to enact common sense gun reform and pass regulations, including a ban on assault-style firearms, raising the minimum age to purchase firearms to 21, banning high-capacity magazines and bump stocks and requiring universal background checks that require relevant mental health information and previous interactions with the law.

“We deeply believe that this country’s most precious gift is our children,” said the company in a statement. “They are our future. We must keep them safe.”

Founded in 1948, DICK’S Sporting Goods, Inc. has more than 700 DICK’S Sporting Goods locations in 47 states, predominantly on the East Coast.


You may also like
KROGER PULLING PUBLICATIONS THAT FOCUS ON ASSAULT-STYLE FIREARMS
20-YEAR-OLD OREGON MAN SUES WALMART AND DICK’S SPORTING GOODS OVER RIFLE SALE
BLACKROCK MAY OFFER GUN-FREE INVESTMENT FUNDS
%d bloggers like this: