Several employees at an McMinn County manufacturing plant were treated after they became sick this morning (Wednesday, December 13, 2017). Officials say two employees at Mills Products, Inc. in Athens, became ill then additional employees started experiencing nausea and headaches. A total of 17 employees were hospitalized from the incident. The Athens Fire Department and Athens Utility Board went to the scene and tested the building for gas leaks and carbon monoxide. After multiple tests, no signs of any leaks were found. Symptoms were only experienced by employees working the first shift. In an unrelated event today, another employee was airlifted for a personal medical issue. Emergency and utility crews are continuing to test the building. Mills Products makes fabricated metal parts in McMinn County.