Home > National News > TEEN ELECTROCUTED AFTER USING CELL PHONE IN BATHTUB

TEEN ELECTROCUTED AFTER USING CELL PHONE IN BATHTUB

///
Comments are Off

Police in New Mexico are investigating whether a Texas teenager was electrocuted when she grabbed her charging cellphone while bathing.

Detective Sgt. David Miranda of the Lovington Police Department said Tuesday that the 14-year-old Lubbock girl, Madison Coe, died Sunday while visiting her father.

He says no cause of death has been established, but that initial evidence suggests electrocution. Miranda says a cellphone connected to a charging cord and an extension cord were found by the bathtub.

Miranda says investigators are awaiting results of an autopsy.

The family said that Coe’s Samsung Edge Plus fell into the bathtub.

Felisha Owens, Madison’s step-mom, said the teenager was spending the summer with her father in Lovington before heading off to high school in Houston. Then something happened that changed their lives forever.

“It’s not unusual for her to spend two hours to two and a half hours in the bathtub,” Owens told KRQE.

Coe’s family said that want others to learn from the tragedy.

“The bathroom is a place for showers and personal time and your phones don’t belong in the bathroom. Electricity and water do not mix. All it takes is a drop,” Owens said.

Said Logan Coe, Madison’s father: “She was my everything.”

You may also like
HOLDING THAT CELL PHONE IN A CAR COULD BECOME EXPENSIVE JULY 1ST
BILL WHICH BANS CELL PHONE TALKING WHILE DRIVING INTRODUCED IN NASHVILLE
TENNESSEE DEATH ROW INMATE MILLER ELECTROCUTED THURSDAY NIGHT
%d bloggers like this: