Home > Local > FAULTY TRANSFORMER BLAMED FOR WATTS BAR FIRE

FAULTY TRANSFORMER BLAMED FOR WATTS BAR FIRE

///
Comments are Off

A faulty transformer is being blamed for a fire at the Watts Bar Nuclear Plant Tuesday night. The alarm sounded about 9:30 PM in the switchyard area. Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze in just over an hour and at no time was there a threat to the nuclear reactor. Although the event forced TVA to declare an “unusual event” at Watts Bar, company investigators are on the case and say that there is no danger to the public. There were no injuries reported in the incident.